The History of Diddington in Cambridgeshire

Historical notes about the town of Diddington in Cambridgehsire.

The parish of Diddington contains 1,292 acres of land. The soil is loam and the subsoil mainly Oxford Clay. The land rises westward from the River Ouse. The village street lies just off the east side of the main road from St. Neots to Huntingdon and contains several 17th-century timber-framed cottages. On the north side of the street is Diddington Hall, a modern building, the residence of Mr. A. J. Thornhill, the lord of the manor, and near it is the church. The nearest station is at Buckden, about two miles to the north, on the London Midland and Scottish Railway. Diddington Brook, which runs into the Ouse, rises near Long Stowe. The parish was inclosed in 1797, by Private Act of Parliament.

Victoria County History - Published in 1932